DIY: Sugar and coconut oil facial scrub7:00 AM
I'm back with another do-it-yourself, because I love doing and writing about these. Today I'm going to make a sugar and coconut oil facial scrub, perfect for winter! I'm suffering from really dry skin and the facial scrub I'm currently using is almost empty, so this was a great opportunity to make a facial scrub of my own.
Things you'll need:
• coconut oil
• sugar - I've used two kinds of sugar: cane sugar and brown sugar, but it doesn't matter if you only use one kind.
• a jar or anything to put your facial scrub in!
1. Put some coconut oil (the solid version) in a bowl. Coconut oil melts at 25°C so put it on the heater to make it a little softer and more liquid. That way the coconut oil will be much easier to squish and mix.
2. Add some honey! As you can see, my honey isn't really "normal" anymore, hahaha. It has saccharified, not really yummy to eat, but it basically just turned into solid sugar, so it's perfect for this do-it-yourself recipe! Add 3 teaspoons of honey.
3. Add a teaspoon of cane sugar and add a teaspoon of brown sugar, or if you're using one kind of sugar, add 2 teaspoons.
4. Stir well! The textury should look a little bit like this:
5. Now it's ready to put in the (clean) jar!
How to use:
Cleanse your face - use lukewarm water (it opens your pores). Apply the scrub and scrub in circular motions. Rinse of with warm water again and dab your face dry with a towel. Apply a toner and a moisturizer.
I hope you enjoy this post! Let me know if you've tried it :)